This module is a replacement for PowerShell built-in Push-Location/Pop-Location cmdlets with enhanced functionality:
- ability to add multiple locations (paths) to the stack ([hashtable]) with custom ID.
- ID can be used later to switch dirctly to the target location.
- ability to quickly switch between last two locations with single command.
- persistent location table (location record will remain after 'popping' and can be used again).
- ability to export/import location stack hashtable into/from a file with custom name to maintain multiple stack tables.
Open-source and free of charge. Feel free to modify.
I've written it for my own use, and it proved very helpful. Hoping that someone else will find it useful.
Reference to original repo is greatly appreciated (under .LINK).