Script to automate the creation of test Hyper-V VMs.
Jeff Gilbert (@JeffGilb)
This script has no dependencies.
Version 1.0: Original published version.
Version 1.1: Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.2: Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.3: Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.0: Added version to PowerShell console title.
Added capability to accept or change Hyper-V host save locations.
Set file and folder browse dialogs to always open on top.
Added final summary confirmation prompt before creating VMs with options to exit.
Added a virtual network configuration selector dialog. No virtual network selected by default.
Added differencing disk support:
- Allows selection of a master (sysprepped) VHDX to be used as the master disk for new VMs
- Creates an OOBE snapshot while turned off for VMs using differencing disks
- Creates a master directory with a copy of the selected VHDX.
- Creates a readme file in the master disk directory listing VMs using the master disk
- Puts the master VHDX and SN in the VM notes in Hyper-V
Version 2.1: Bug fix to address concatonating paths and virtual network names.
Version 2.2: Fixed network switch assignment issue.
Version 2.2: Fixed location for non-differencing disk hard disk files to be stored.
|2.3 (current version)||58||5/15/2020|