Downloads of 2.3.0
Executes the MSBuild.exe tool against the specified Visual Studio solution or project file.
PS> Save-Module -Name Invoke-MsBuild -Path <path>
PS> Install-Module -Name Invoke-MsBuild
See Documentation for more details.
- Added support for VS/MsBuild 2017.
Invoke-MsBuild v2 has the following breaking changes from v1:
- A hash table with several properties is returned instead of a simple $true/$false/$null value.
- The GetLogPath switch is gone and replaced with the WhatIf switch.
New features in v2 include:
- A build log file containing only build errors is created alongside the regular build log file.
- The errors build log file can be auto-launched on build failure.
- New switch has been added to show the build output in the calling scripts console window (does not work with some 3rd party consoles due to Start-Process cmdlet bug).
- A hash table containing the following properties is now returned:
+ BuildSucceeded = $true if the build passed, $false if the build failed, and $null if we are not sure.
+ BuildLogFilePath = The path to the builds log file.
+ BuildErrorsLogFilePath = The path to the builds error log file.
+ ItemToBuildFilePath = The item that MsBuild is ran against.
+ CommandUsedToBuild = The full command that is used to invoke MsBuild. This can be useful for inspecting what parameters are passed to MsBuild.exe.
+ Message = A message describing any problems that were encoutered by Invoke-MsBuild. This is typically an empty string unless something went wrong.
+ MsBuildProcess = The process that was used to execute MsBuild.exe.
Changes to make when updating from v1 to v2:
- To capture/display the build success result, you must change:
- To get the path where the log file will be created, you must change:
Invoke-MsBuild ... -GetLogPath
(Invoke-MsBuild ... -WhatIf).BuildLogFilePath
(c) 2016 Dan.Schroeder. All rights reserved.
This module has no dependencies.
Minimum PowerShell version
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.6.0 (latest stable)||3282||Monday, May 15 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.5.1||206||Saturday, April 22 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.5.0||18||Friday, April 21 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.4.2||8||Thursday, April 20 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.4.1||13||Thursday, April 20 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.4.0||117||Sunday, April 02 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.3.1||3||Saturday, April 01 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.3.0 (this version)||20||Friday, March 31 2017|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.2.0||949||Friday, December 02 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.1.1||320||Wednesday, September 14 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.1.0||328||Friday, June 24 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 2.0.0||74||Wednesday, May 25 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 1.6.3||105||Wednesday, April 06 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 1.6.2||5||Wednesday, April 06 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 18.104.22.168||57||Monday, March 07 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 22.214.171.124||7||Friday, March 04 2016|
|Invoke-MsBuild 1.6.0||13||Tuesday, March 01 2016|