Downloads of 2.4.1
Carbon is a PowerShell module for automating the configuration Windows 7, 8, 2008, and 2012 and automation the installation and configuration of Windows applications, websites, and services. It can configure and manage:
* Local users and groups
* IIS websites, virtual directories, and applications
* File system, registry, and certificate permissions
* Hosts file
* INI files
* Performance counters
* .NET connection strings and app settings
* And much more!
All functions are idempotent: when run multiple times with the same arguments, your system will be in the same state without failing or producing errors.
PS> Save-Module -Name Carbon -Path <path>
PS> Install-Module -Name Carbon
See Documentation for more details.
## Bug Fixes
* Fixed: `Carbon_Permission` fails when revoking permissions and the `Permissions` property doesn''t have a value.
* Fixed: `Protect-String` doesn't convert secure strings properly so they get encrypted with extra bytes in them.
* Fixed: `Revoke-Permission' fails when an identity has multiple access control entries on an item. Thanks to [bozho_](https://bitbucket.org/bozho_/) for reporting [issue #221](https://bitbucket.org/splatteredbits/carbon/issues/221/community-revoke-permission-fails-if-the) and contributing the fix.
* Fixed: `Compress-Item`' writes an error when using the `WhatIf` switch.
* Fixed: `Install-IisWebsite` help examples contain invalid/broken code (thanks to John Mitchell for reporting).
* Fixed: `Install-Service` fails when password contains double quote character, i.e. `"` (fixes [issue #219](https://bitbucket.org/splatteredbits/carbon/issues/219/community-install-service-fails-to)).
* Fixed: `Read-File` and `Write-File` fail to retry writing to a locked file when `$Global:Error` is full. Fixes [issue #217](https://bitbucket.org/splatteredbits/carbon/issues/217/community-error-handling-in-read-file-and).
* Fixed: `Get-FirewallRule` sets the `EdgeTraversalPolicy` to `DeferUser` on rules whose policy is "defer to application".
* Fixed: `Get-FirewallRule` fails on non-english-speaking computers. (It was parsing the output of `netsh advfirewall`. Now it uses the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security API.) [Fixes [issue #208](https://bitbucket.org/splatteredbits/carbon/issues/208/community-get-firewallrule-could-not-find).
* Fixed: `Get-FirewallRule` incorrectly parsed interface types. It assumed interface type was one of multiple values. In reality, it can be set to one or more different values. The underlying enumeration and its values have been updated to be a set of flags (i.e. a bit field).
* Fixed: `Carbon_FirewallRule` fails when Profile property has more than one value.
* Fixed: `Get-ScheduledTask` doesn't handle when a scheduled task doesn't exist on Windows 2008.
Copyright 2011 - 2016 Aaron Jensen.
This module has no dependencies.
Minimum PowerShell version
|Carbon 2.5.0 (latest stable)||380997||Sunday, June 18 2017|
|Carbon 2.4.1 (this version)||236045||Tuesday, February 21 2017|
|Carbon 2.4.0||120958||Wednesday, November 09 2016|
|Carbon 2.3.0||39195||Thursday, September 29 2016|
|Carbon 2.2.0||22089||Thursday, May 12 2016|
|Carbon 2.1.1||1124||Thursday, February 25 2016|
|Carbon 2.1.0||445||Tuesday, February 09 2016|
|Carbon 2.0.1||803||Tuesday, October 20 2015|
|Carbon 2.0.0||72||Sunday, October 11 2015|
|Carbon 1.9.0||212||Thursday, May 07 2015|